Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tea Time: Black Tea & Saffron Rock Candy

I love tea. I love the smell, the taste. Especially in the mornings when I have my quiet time.

Perfect quiet time for me = my prayer journal, my Jesus Calling devotional and whatever Bible study I'm doing.....and of course tea! Oh, and my sweet doggie Putter. He usually sits on the chair with me. He's very spiritual. ;) By the way, I am LOVING the Jesus Calling devotional by missionary Sarah Young. It's a daily devotional that doesn't take a lot of time to read, but packs a punch! It's very unique - it's basically Sarah Young's prayer journal entries - she wrote down whatever she felt like the Lord was saying to her. If you are searching for a devotional - check this one out.

OK, back to the tea. So I also love adding saffron rock candy to my tea. It makes the tea perfectly sweet and oh so sugary and saffrony (that's probably not a word!). Our friend Maney introduced me to this stuff and I'm happily addicted. You can be too.....as long as you have a grocery store where you can find them. I'm guessing any international grocery store would have them. Or even the international section in a regular grocery store. We found ours at Shahrzad International near a Persian restaurant in Atlanta called Persepolis.
 
Black Tea & Saffron Rock Candy
Source: Kitchen of He Cooks & She Bakes
Servings: 1

1 black tea bag or 1-2 tsp loose leaf black tea
8 ounces hot water
1 saffron rock candy stick

Bring water to instructed temperature. Steep tea bag or loose leaf tea for instructed amount of time. Stir saffron rock candy until dissolved. 

Step by Step

Choose your favorite black tea. Right now my favorite black tea is Awake made my Tazo. They are based in Portland, Oregon - my hometown!

Steep for instructed amount of time.


Here's a look at the Golchin saffron rock candy.

Close up! Check out that saffron.

Stir in the sweetness until it's dissolved.

All done. Time to savor the liquid happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Browse the Archives

Follow